Medical and scientific writing and editing are more than a means to an end. For me, they’re a passion. In addition to publishing my own work and serving as an associate editor of two peer-reviewed journals, I have been a freelance scientific writer and editor for over 10 years. My past clients include professionals affiliated with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Baylor College of Medicine, and the University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston.
I specialize in substantive and developmental editing, meaning that I am concerned not only with the mechanics of writing but also the clarity and flow of ideas. I welcome the opportunity to work with authors whose primary language is other than English.
Some examples of how I help authors:
- Performing literature reviews
- Drafting a book chapter or article based on a content outline and target audience
- Reformulating one type of publication into another (e.g., a thesis into a journal article; a technical report into a policy brief)
- Developing posters and slides
- Writing patient education materials
- Reviewing manuscripts and grant proposals (“mock peer review”)
For more information or to request a quote, please contact me.